Comprehensive Litigation Hold
Legal hold is the riskiest and sometimes the most difficult part of a company’s records management program. Done properly, it will demonstrate early good faith and reasonable efforts to comply with your discovery obligations.
Proactive planning among corporate counsel, outside counsel, IT, and key stakeholders ensures good faith compliance in anticipation of litigation. NightOwl consultants will help implement a robust and defensible legal hold process, including the technology to support an automated litigation hold notification process across hundreds or even thousands of potential custodians.
A reasonable and good-faith plan provides counsel with the necessary leverage to negotiate a fair and reasonable scope of discovery and it allows counsel to stay focused on the merits of the case.
- Identify gaps in current legal hold preservation process
- Decide whether it is best to “collect to preserve” or “preserve in place”
- Create a uniform litigation hold plan
- Create a company wide training program
- Identify and implement necessary technology to manage and track litigation holds
- Mitigate spoliation risks
- Execute defensible litigation holds
- Minimize business disruption
- Negotiate with confidence
- Reduce costs associated with legal holds
- Protect and secure valuable IP
Click here to download the NightOwl Comprehensive Litigation Hold brochure.