The risks associated with preservation of ESI are significant. NightOwl consultants target this in a systematic, comprehensive approach involving information gathering and gap analysis to identify and quantify the risks associated with an organization’s information systems, policies, and practices.
Data is gathered on policies, procedures, and practices related to information management, litigation response, and routine operational protocols via a combination of document review and interviews with representatives from legal, IT, records, compliance, and operations.
Analysis identifies options available to the organization to mitigate risk, reduce costs, and provide requirements for implementation. We recommend necessary changes in policy, practice, and technologies to mitigate risk.
- Litigation portfolio analysis
- Gap analysis on current IT and records management systems, policies, and practices
- Preservation audits on identifying and preserving relevant ESI
- Compliance action plans and strategy
- Strategic preparation for Rule 26(f) “Meet and Confer”
- Negotiate eDiscovery plans with confidence
- Mitigate risk
- Defensible preservation plan
- Defensible proportionality arguments
- Understand the balance between the burdens and cost of discovery against the potential benefit and value of discovery
Click here to download the NightOwl Discovery Compliance brochure.